L. Patrick Laing Memorial Scholarship
FPYC is proud to provide a $1,000 scholarship in the name of L. Patrick Laing.
All seniors are encouraged to apply. Please see the application below for more details.
Application Due Date: MAY 1, 2024
- The applicant must be a senior in high school in the Northern Virginia area.
- Applicants must be seeking post-secondary education.
- Applicant must have been member of the Fairfax Police Youth Club at any time.
- A $1,000.00 award will be given to the recipient
- The selection shall be made by the Board of Directors of the Fairfax Police Youth Club.
- An award check will be issued to the financial aid office of the institution designated by the winner
Submission MUST Include:
Address (Street, City, State & Zip):
- Years in FPYC. List each year you participated in FPYC. FPYC Sports having two separate seasons (soccer, running, volleyball, etc...) in the same year count as one.
- Separate FPYC Sports. List each sport participated in FPYC. Basketball, Cheerleading, Field Hockey, Football, Irish Football, Lacrosse, Running, Soccer, Volleyball, and Wrestling. (Former sports: T-Ball and Rugby)
- Extra activities within FPYC. List any additional activities you participated in FPYC (include the calendar year) i.e., coach/assistant coach, referee, registration etc...
- GPA. Provide grade transcript.
- Essay. Introduce yourself to the evaluation committee. Include your FPYC Experience, college choice, future goals & objectives.
SINGLE PAGE LIMIT
Send Submissions by Mail to:
Fairfax Police Youth Club ATTN: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 537 Fairfax, VA 22038 OR by Email to: Treasurer@fpycsports.com